Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- 1/4 teasp saffron threads
- 2 teasp Hot water
- 225g/8oz long-grain rice
- 4 small Ripe plantains (yellow to black skinned)
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- salt and cayenne pepper
- Freshly chopped parsley to garnish
- Preheat the oven to 170C, 325F, Gas Mark 3. Place the rice in a medium saucepan cover with plenty of cold water, season with salt, bring to the boil then reduce the heat and simmer for about 15 minutes or until the rice is just tender.
- Dissolve the saffron in hot water for 5 minutes.
- Drain the rice well, return to the pan and stir in the saffron and its water. *Transfer to a shallow wide ovenproof dish and place in the oven to dry out a little.
- Meanwhile, peel the plantains and cut in half lengthways.
- Heat the oil in large frying pan until hot then fry the plantains until golden brown on both sides. Season with salt and cayenne pepper.