Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
This recipe came from an estate sale. I obtained it when I purchased the family collection from the Henry Estate in Dallas, Texas in 1980.
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- 2 cups white rice
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 white onion chopped
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup green peas
- 4 cups chicken stock
- 1 tablespoon parsley chopped
- Wash rice and leave to soak for half an hour then allow to drain.
- Heat oil in a pot and sauté onion until it becomes translucent.
- Add bay leaves, salt, pepper and rice and cook until rice grains become opaque stirring occasionally.
- Add peas and stir together until peas are well coated in oil then add chicken stock and bring to a boil.
- Cover and simmer over low heat until rice is tender.