This recipe came from an estate sale. I obtained it when I purchased the family collection from the Henry Estate in Dallas, Texas in 1980.
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- 2 cups white rice
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 white onion chopped
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup green peas
- 4 cups chicken stock
- 1 tablespoon parsley chopped
- Wash rice and leave to soak for half an hour then allow to drain.
- Heat oil in a pot and sauté onion until it becomes translucent.
- Add bay leaves, salt, pepper and rice and cook until rice grains become opaque stirring occasionally.
- Add peas and stir together until peas are well coated in oil then add chicken stock and bring to a boil.
- Cover and simmer over low heat until rice is tender.