Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- 1 fresh coconut
- 4 cups boiling water
- 3 1/2 cups water (including coconut water)
- 2 cups of rice
- 1 T. salt (to taste)
- 1 T. Sugar (to taste)
- Take a fresh coconut, open with a nail and drain the coconut water in a cup and reserve.
- Brake the coconut, remove the hard core, cut it in rather small pieces and divide in two portions.
- Put one portion at a time in the blender with one cup of very hot water and liquefy for 2-3 minutes
- Pour through a sieve and squeeze all the water out in a pan.
- Blend again the squeezed coconut with another cup of hot water and squeeze again.
- Discard the residue.
- Repeat procedure with second portion.
- Set this coconut milk to boil until it is almost reduced and the oil starts showing.
- Reduce the heat to medium and stir the bottom continuously with a wooden spoon to avoid sticking to the pan; let the cream brown.
- Do not let it get too dark, this cream should not be bitter.
- Add the 3 1/2 cups of water, which include the coconut water reserved from the beginning.
- Increase the heat to high and when the water starts to boil, add the two cups of rice, the salt and the Sugar
- When the rice is starting to dry, reduce the heat to simmer, stir gently with a long fork, cover and let it cook for about 20 to 25 minutes.