- 4 tbsp ghee (clarified butter or vegetable oil)
- 1½ tsp white cumin seeds
- pinch of asafetida powder (hing powder)
- 2 bay leaves
- 4 green cardamom pods
- 2¼ cups cauliflower florets and/or broccoli
- ½ tsp turmeric
- 2 tsp salt, or to taste
- ½ tsp black pepper
- 2 cups cooked long-grain brown rice
- ⅓ cup plain yogurt
- chopped fresh cilantro
- coriander to garnish
- Heat the ghee in a heavy saucepan and sauté cumin and asafetida for 2 minutes. Add bay leaves and cardamom; stir well.
- Toss in Cauliflower and sauté for 5 minutes over medium heat. Stir in turmeric and seasoning and cook another 10 minutes.
- Add rice and yogurt stir carefully, lower heat, cover pan and cook another 10 to 15 minutes. Sprinkle with coriander and serve hot.