Makes 4 servings
- 8 ounces fresh spinach, steamed or one 10-ounce package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained
- 2 cups cooked medium-grain rice (cooked in chicken broth)
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 4 medium tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Puree spinach in food processor or blender. Add to rice and stir. Add salt and pepper to mixture; stir and set aside.
- Core tomatoes. Slice tops of tomatoes and reserve. Scoop out pulp of tomatoes and discard.
- Spoon rice mixture into tomatoes; replace tops. Place tomatoes in shallow baking dish. Drizzle with olive oil. Bake at 400°D for 15 to 20 minutes.