Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Makes 6 servings
- ⅔ cup finely chopped celery
- ½ cup finely chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 3 cups cooked rice
- ½ teaspoon curry powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ cup dry white wine
- 6 canned pear halves
- curry powder (optional)
- ¼ cup mint or currant jelly
- Cook celery and onion in butter in large skillet over medium heat until soft but not brown.
- Stir in rice, curry, salt and wine; heat thoroughly.
- Turn into greased baking dish. Top with pears, cut sides up. Sprinkle pears with additional curry powder, if desired.
- Spoon jelly into pear centers. Broil.
- When jelly melts, spread over pears and continue cooking until pears are glazed.