I didn't measure, but I used perhaps half a cup, maybe as much as a cup, total, just enough to moisten everything. I let it sit in the refrigerator all day, to let the flavors mix. I don't know how many people it served — it filled a large bowl-- but there wasn't any left over after the potluck (and while I was glad that everyone liked it, I was sorry not to have some to take home).
- Fatfree digest [volume 10 issue 49], Sept. 21994
- 1 cup wild rice
- 1 cup long-grain brown rice
- 1 cup green (French) lentils
- 1 each red], yellow, green bell pepper, chopped
- 2 cups small cherry tomatoes
- 1 or 2 carrots
- ¼ cup chopped fresh basil (more or less)
- 1 to 2 tablespoon or chopped fresh mint
- non-fat tomato-herb dressing (Trader Joe's)
- red wine vinegar
- Cook grains separately, in 2 cups water, until done, 45 minutes or less.
- Combine with bell peppers, cherry tomatoes, carrots, basil and mint.
- For the dressing, I used a prepared nonfat tomato-herb dressing mixed about half and half with red wine vinegar because I generally find prepared nonfat dressings too thick and too sweet for my taste.