Makes 4 servings
- 1 15-ounce can garbanzo beans
- salt and ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 3/4 cup diced green pepper
- 1/3 cup sliced green onions
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cups cooked rice (cooked in chicken broth)
- Drain liquid from garbanzo beans, saving one half of it. Combine beans, reserved liquid, salt, ground pepper and lemon juice in medium saucepan; simmer 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook green pepper and onions in butter and olive oil over medium-high heat. Add rice; stir until thoroughly heated.
- Serve garbanzo beans and liquid over rice.