Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Makes 8 servings
- 3 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1 medium Eggplant (about 1 pound), peeled and cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 cup chopped Onion
- 1/2 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon basil leaves
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground oregano
- 1 14-1/2- to 16-ounce can tomatoes
- 3 cups cooked rice
- 3 slices pasteurized process American cheese, cut in half
- Cook Eggplant, celery, Onion and green pepper in butter in large saucepan over medium heat until Onion is transparent.
- Add garlic, salt, basil, pepper, oregano and tomatoes. Cover and simmer 10 minutes, or until Eggplant is tender. Stir in rice.
- Pour into buttered 2-quart casserole. Top with Cheese. Bake at 350 degrees 10 to 15 minutes.