Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- ¼ cups long-grain rice
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 2 cups boiling water
- 1 tablespoon chicken bouillon
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 1 tablespoon fresh minced parsley
- 1½ cups sliced carrots
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 cup broccoli cut up
- salt, pepper
- 1 garlic crushed
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- good pinch cumin
- good pinch celery powder
- 1 pound chicken cut into 7 or pieces
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- In a large shallow casserole (9 by 13 inch dish) mix rice, one tablespoon of the butter, boiling water, chicken and onion bouillon, parsley and vegetables.
- Stir well.
- Arrange chicken pieces on top.
- Sprinkle chicken generously with salt and pepper, then with garlic powder and paprika.
- Drizzle chicken with remaining tablespoon of melted butter or margarine.
- Cover casserole for 20 minutes of cooking time is about one hour.
- Bake until rice is tender and chicken is thoroughly baked and skin is slightly crisp.
- Serve at once.