Makes 6 servings
- 3 cups cooked rice
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Cheddar Cheese
- 1 1/2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 2 1/2 cups milk
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 1/8 teaspoonhot pepper sauce (optional)
- 1 teaspoon seasoned pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dry mustard
- Alternate layers of rice and Cheese in greased shallow 2-quart baking dish, ending with Cheese on top. Sprinkle with parsley.
- Mix milk, eggs, pepper sauce, pepper, salt and mustard in medium bowl; pour over layers.
- Cover; refrigerate several hours or overnight. Bake at 325 degrees 45 minutes, or until firm. Allow to stand about 15 minutes before serving.