Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Makes 6 servings
- 6 slices Bacon, diced
- 1 cup chopped Onion
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 8-ounce can tomato sauce
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 small cabbage, shredded (about 1 quart)
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed oregano leaves
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 3 cups cooked rice
- grated Romano or Parmesan cheese
Saute Bacon, Onion and garlic in large skillet until Bacon is crisp. Pour off fat. Return 2 tablespoons to skillet. Add tomato sauce, broth, cabbage, oregano, black pepper and red pepper to skillet. Cover and simmer about 5 minutes, or until cabbage is tender crisp. Stir in rice and cook 5 minutes longer. Sprinkle with Cheese before serving.