Makes 6 servings
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons Sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 1/2 cups buttermilk
- 2 cups cooked brown rice
- 1 1/2 cups blueberries
- 2 cups maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon diced fresh ginger root
- Combine flour, Sugar, baking powder, baking soda and cinnamon in large bowl.
- Combine egg and buttermilk in small bowl; add to flour mixture. Stir until smooth. Add rice and blueberries.
- Pour 1/4 cup batter onto hot griddle coated with cooking spray. Cook over medium heat until bubbles form on top and bottom is lightly browned. Turn to brown other side.
- Combine syrup and ginger in small saucepan; simmer over medium heat 10 minutes.
- Remove from heat and strain; discarding ginger root. Serve warm with pancakes.