Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- 8 ounces dry kidney beans
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 1 bulb shallot, minced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup uncooked long-grain white rice
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 tsp adobo seasoning (optional)
- 1 tbsp kosher salt
- freshly ground black pepper to taste
- ¼ tsp ground cloves
- 3 sprigs fresh parsley
- 3 sprigs fresh thyme
- 1 scotch bonnet pepper
- 1 tsp curry powder
- 1 tbsp Lilli butter (Haitian butter)
- 1 can whole tomatoes and juice
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp black pepper
- 1 onion chopped
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 cups water
- 1 can tomato paste
- 2 lbs of beef or goat meat cut into small chunks
- ½ cup orange juice
- ¼ cup lime or lemon juice
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tsp finely chopped parsley
- Place beans in a large pot, and cover with 3 inches of water.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat, and simmer 1½ hours, or until tender.
- Drain the beans, and reserve the liquid.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Sauté shallot and garlic until fragrant.
- Stir in cooked beans, and cook for 2 minutes.
- Measure reserved liquid, and add water to equal 5 cups; stir into skillet.
- Stir in the uncooked rice.
- Season with bay leaves, adobo seasoning, salt, pepper, lily butter curry and cloves.
- Place sprigs of parsley and thyme, and scotch bonnet pepper on top, and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat, cover, and simmer for 18 to 20 minutes.
- Remove thyme, parsley, and scotch bonnet pepper to serve.
- Combine tomatoes, salt, oil and pepper.
- Cover with a tight fitting lid.
- Add tomato paste and onions then, cook 5 minutes then add water and cook for another 10 minutes then, reduce heat to low.