Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Very popular and nutritious dish for vegetarians. Makes enough for 4 people.
- 225 g / 8 oz long-grain rice
- 2 tbsp oil
- 1 onion, finely sliced
- 2 cloves garlic crushed
- 1 chilli finely chopped
- 350 g / 2 oz tomatoes, skinned and chopped
- 1 red pepper, seeded and diced
- 225 g / 8 oz cooked red beans
- 600 ml / 1 pt water or stock
- 1 green pepper, seeded and diced
- Heat oil in a medium frying pan.
- Add onion and garlic and fry until soft and translucent.
- Add the chilli, tomatoes, and peppers and cook until thick and well blended season with salt, stir in the beans mixing well and add the rice and water.
- Cover and cook for 20 minutes until rice is tender and all water is well absorbed.
- Stir and serve hot.