Oh la yummy rice uppuma (rice pudding) is ready to serve with coconut chutney or mango pickle.
- 200 g of raw rice
- 1 tablespoon of thor dhall (lentil)
- 1 tablespoon of pepper
- cumin seeds
- cooking oil
- 1 red chili
- mustard seed
- 500 ml of water
- curry leaves, for garnish
- Take the raw rice, add the thor dhall, pepper and cumin seeds.
- Dry grind in the mixer the contents to the consistency slightly larger than sugar. Say like breadcrumbs.
- In a sauce pan, take a tablespoon of cooking oil, deep fry a red chili, mustard, hing.
- Add the water and allow it to boil.
- Add the rice, dhall, pepper mixture into the pan. Keep stirring till it becomes a paste.
- Cover the pan with a lid and leave for 10 minutes. If required add more water till the rice is cooked.
- Switch off the stove.
- Garnish with curry leaves.