Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Oh la yummy rice uppuma (rice pudding) is ready to serve with coconut chutney or mango pickle.
- 200 g of raw rice
- 1 tablespoon of thor dhall (lentil)
- 1 tablespoon of pepper
- cumin seeds
- cooking oil
- 1 red chili
- mustard seed
- 500 ml of water
- curry leaves, for garnish
- Take the raw rice, add the thor dhall, pepper and cumin seeds.
- Dry grind in the mixer the contents to the consistency slightly larger than sugar. Say like breadcrumbs.
- In a sauce pan, take a tablespoon of cooking oil, deep fry a red chili, mustard, hing.
- Add the water and allow it to boil.
- Add the rice, dhall, pepper mixture into the pan. Keep stirring till it becomes a paste.
- Cover the pan with a lid and leave for 10 minutes. If required add more water till the rice is cooked.
- Switch off the stove.
- Garnish with curry leaves.