Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
This recipe came from an estate sale. I obtained it when I purchased the family collection from the Wadley Estate in Allen, Texas in 1990.
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 ounces pancetta minced
- 2 medium white onions finely chopped
- 1 small red cabbage cut in half and julienned
- 2 large peeled potatoes diced small
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste dissolved in 2 cups dry white wine
- 2 quarts boiling hot chicken broth
- 1½ cups long grain rice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Heat oil in a large saucepan on moderate heat and sauté pancetta and onions for eight minutes.
- Add cabbage and stir for five minutes.
- Add tomato paste dissolved in wine.
- Add all the boiling hot broth.
- Adjust heat to low and simmer covered for one hour.
- Stir in rice and cook covered for fifteen minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Pour into tureen and bring to table.