Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Commonly known as Bengali kheer in India this recipe is a great dessert or snack for all dosha types.
- 1½ cups water
- 2 cups whole milk
- ½ cup basmati rice
- ½ cup cream
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 or 2 pinches of saffron
- 1 tsp rosewater
- 2 tbsp pistachios
- Wash rice 3 or 4 cycles until water is nearly clear (very important to wash basmati rice thoroughly to obtain a light fluffy rice otherwise it will be mushy).
- Place uncooked rice and saffron in a 3 quart saucepan, and add water.
- Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat, and simmer for 25 to 30 minutes.
- Add milk and cook 1 hour stirring occasionally.
- When you have a pudding consistency, add sugar and cream.
- Cook for another ½ hour.
- Add rose water and pistachios to serve.