- 7 oz. thin rice noodles
- 2 tsp. vegetable oil
- 1 cup finely diced red bell pepper (1 small)
- 1 cup Grated Carrots (about 2)
- 1?2 cup chopped scallions (white and light green parts), about 8
- 1?2 cup chopped cilantro
- 1?2 cup chopped fresh mint leaves
- 1 medium head Boston lettuce, leaves separated
- 1 lime, sliced in half moons, for garnish
- 1 cup pineapple juice
- 1?2 cup low-sodium soy sauce
- 1?3 cup coarsely chopped fresh ginger
- 1?4 cup rice vinegar
- 2 Tbs. vegetable oil
- 3 to 4 tsp. vegetarian Thai green curry paste
- 2 tsp. brown sugar
- 6 medium cloves garlic, minced
1. Bring large pot of water to a boil.
2. Make dressing: In blender or food processor, combine all dressing ingredients; process until well blended. Set aside. (Dressing can be made up to 4 days ahead and refrigerated.)
3. Put noodles into large bowl. Pour boiling water over noodles and stir to immerse and separate strands. Let soak 5 minutes. Drain and rinse under cold water. Drain again, shaking colander. Return noodles to bowl, drizzle with oil and toss to coat.
noodles in bowl. Add half of the reserved dressing and toss to coat. Line platter or shallow serving bowl with lettuce leaves; top with noodle salad. Sprinkle with remaining cilantro and mint and garnish with lime. Serve, passing remaining dressing separately.