- 1 large ripe tomato, cut into sixteenths
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups hot cooked rice
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
- 1 teaspoon basil
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese (optional)
- Place tomato in large bowl; sprinkle with salt.
- Stir in rice, ½ cup mozzarella cheese, basil and pepper.
- Spoon into greased 2-quart baking dish; sprinkle with remaining ½ cup mozzarella cheese and with parsley and Parmesan cheese.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350°F for 20 to 25 minutes, or until thoroughly heated.