Contributed by Paula in California at Catsrecipes Y-Group
- ⅔ cup butter
- 1 pkg (10 oz, about 40) large marshmallows or 4 cups miniature marshmallows
- 6 cups Kellogg's Rice Krispies
- Melt butter in large saucepan over low heat.
- Add marshmallows and stir until completely melted.
- Remove from heat.
- Stir in cereal until well coated.
- Press mixture into buttered 13x9x2-inch baking dish.
- Cut into squares.
- Instead of Rice Krispies, Use Cocoa Krispies, Lucky Charms, or Fruity Pebbles.
- Peanut treats: Add 1 cup salted peanuts with cereal.
- Peanut butter treats: Stir ¼ cup peanut butter into marshmallow mixture just before adding cereal.
- Gummy worm marshmallow bars: Add 1 cup gummy worms, cut in half, when stirring in cereal.