Makes 10 servings
- 3 cups cooked rice
- 2 cups milk, divided
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- ½ cup sugar
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon ground cloves
- ¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ½ cup white wine
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup seedless raisins or currants
- 6 eggs, beaten
- Combine rice and 1½ cups milk in saucepan.
- Cook over medium heat until thick and creamy, about 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add butter, sugar, salt, spices, wine, vanilla and raisins.
- Stir remaining ½ cup milk into eggs.
- Add to rice mixture and cook 2 minutes longer, stirring constantly.
- Spoon into serving dishes; serve hot or cold with cooked fruit or sprinkled with powdered sugar.