Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Makes 10 servings
- 3 cups cooked rice
- 2 cups milk, divided
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- ½ cup sugar
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon ground cloves
- ¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ½ cup white wine
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup seedless raisins or currants
- 6 eggs, beaten
- Combine rice and 1½ cups milk in saucepan.
- Cook over medium heat until thick and creamy, about 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add butter, sugar, salt, spices, wine, vanilla and raisins.
- Stir remaining ½ cup milk into eggs.
- Add to rice mixture and cook 2 minutes longer, stirring constantly.
- Spoon into serving dishes; serve hot or cold with cooked fruit or sprinkled with powdered sugar.