Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Makes 6 servings
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 cup uncooked rice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 2 cups beef broth
- 1 x 16-ounce can chili without beans
- 2 cups grated Cheddar cheese, divided
- Cook onion in oil until tender but not brown.
- Add rice, salt, chili powder and broth. Bring to a boil.
- Stir well; reduce heat, cover, and simmer 15 minutes or until rice is tender and liquid is absorbed.
- Stir in chili.
- Spoon half the mixture into buttered shallow 1½-quart casserole.
- Sprinkle with 1 cup cheese. Add remaining rice mixture and top with remaining 1 cup cheese.
- Bake at 350°F for 15 to 20 minutes or until hot and bubbly.