Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Makes 8 servings
- 1 cup sifted flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon Sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 3 tablespoons melted butter or margarine, or oil
- 1/2 cup cooked rice
- orange honey butter:
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon orange juice
- 1/2 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 1/4 teaspoon lemon juice
- Sift together flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and Sugar. Beat eggs until light. Add milk and butter; mix well.
- Stir in dry ingredients; beat only until smooth. Add rice. Spoon or pour onto hot griddle, using about 1 tablespoon batter for each cake.
- Cook until bubbles form on top and underside is nicely browned. Turn and brown other side. Turn only once. Serve with syrup or orange honey butter.
- orange honey butter: Combine butter, honey, orange juice and lemon juice in saucepan. Heat.