Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Makes 12 servings
- 3/4 cup apricot preserves
- 3 tablespoons brandy
- 3 cups cooked rice
- 2/3 cup Sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups milk, divided
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 envelopes (1 tablespoon each) unflavored gelatin
- 1 cup whipping cream, whipped
- whipped cream for garnish (optional)
- Blend preserves and brandy; set aside.
- Combine rice, Sugar, butter, salt and 2-1/2 cups milk in medium saucepan.
- Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer 25 minutes, or until thick and creamy, stirring frequently.
- Blend eggs, vanilla and remaining 1/2 cup milk; stir into rice mixture.
- Cook 4 minutes longer.
- Soften gelatin in 1/3 cup cold water. Stir into hot pudding until dissolved.
- Add apricot and brandy mixture; cool. Fold cream into pudding.
- Pour into 10-inch fluted tube pan; chill until firm.
- Unmold onto serving plate.
- Garnish with whipped cream, if desired. Slice to serve.