Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Makes 6 servings
- 1 x 1-tablespoon envelope unflavored gelatin
- 3 eggs, separated
- ⅔ cup sugar, divided
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 cups milk
- 1 cup cooked rice
- 1½ teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 x 11-ounce can mandarin orange segments, drained
- whipped cream for garnish (optional)
- chopped candied orange peel for garnish (optional)
- mandarin orange segments for garnish (optional)
- Soften gelatin in ½ cup water.
- Beat egg yolks with ⅓ cup sugar and salt; gradually beat in milk.
- Cook over hot water in double boiler, stirring constantly, until mixture coats a spoon.
- Remove from heat and add softened gelatin, stirring until dissolved.
- Add rice and vanilla; chill.
- Beat egg whites with remaining ⅓ cup sugar until stiff but not dry.
- Fold into rice mixture.
- Arrange 3 to 4 orange segments in 6 to 8 greased individual molds or custard cups.
- Fill with rice mixture; chill until firm.
- To serve, unmold onto dessert plates and garnish with whipped cream, orange peel and orange segments, if desired.