Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- 1 medium Onion, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, cut into 1/2-inch squares
- 1 large carrot, quartered lengthwise and chopped
- 3 small ribs of celery, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 bay leaves
- 1/4 tsp. thyme
- 1 tsp. dill weed
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tsp. brown sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp. paprika
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 cup long-grain brown rice
- 1 1/2 cups diced tomatoes
- 1 cup water
- 1/4 cup currants or Raisins
- 1/2 cup toasted pine nuts or slivered almonds
- 1 Tbs. olive oil
Preheat oven to 350 °F. Lightly grease an 8 x10-inch baking dish.
In large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add vegetables, garlic, bay leaves, thyme, dill weed and 1/4 cup parsley, and cook, stirring often, 6 minutes. Add Sugar, paprika, salt and rice. Cook, stirring, 1 minute. Add tomatoes, water and currants or Raisins; bring to a simmer.