Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Makes 6 servings
- 3 eggs, separated
- 1 teaspoon Sugar
- 2 cups buttermilk
- 6 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup cooked rice
- Beat egg whites with Sugar until stiff but not dry in small mixer bowl; set aside.
- Beat egg yolks until thick and lemon-colored in large mixer bowl. Add buttermilk and oil; beat.
- Sift together flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt; stir into egg yolk mixture. Beat only until smooth.
- Stir in rice; fold in egg whites. Bake in hot waffle iron until steaming stops and waffle is golden brown. Serve with warm maple syrup.