Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
This recipe came from an estate sale. I obtained it when I purchased the family collection from the McGowan Estate in Sherman, Texas in 1991.
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- 1 cup rice flour
- ¾ cup rice bran
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 1¼ cups buttermilk
- 3 egg whites beaten
- vegetable cooking spray
- fresh fruit
- Sift together flour, bran, sugar, baking powder and baking soda into a large bowl.
- Combine buttermilk and egg whites in small bowl then add to flour mixture.
- Stir until smooth.
- Pour ¼ cup batter onto hot griddle coated with cooking spray.
- Cook over medium heat until bubbles form on top and underside is lightly browned.
- Turn to brown other side then serve with fresh fruit.