This recipe came from an estate sale. I obtained it when I purchased the family collection from the McGowan Estate in Sherman, Texas in 1991.
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- 1 cup rice flour
- ¾ cup rice bran
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 1¼ cups buttermilk
- 3 egg whites beaten
- vegetable cooking spray
- fresh fruit
- Sift together flour, bran, sugar, baking powder and baking soda into a large bowl.
- Combine buttermilk and egg whites in small bowl then add to flour mixture.
- Stir until smooth.
- Pour ¼ cup batter onto hot griddle coated with cooking spray.
- Cook over medium heat until bubbles form on top and underside is lightly browned.
- Turn to brown other side then serve with fresh fruit.