Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- Makes 8 servings
- 2 pints fresh strawberries, washed and stemmed
- ¾ cup sugar
- 1 lime
- ¾ cup uncooked rice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 quart milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons rum or 1 teaspoon rum extract (optional)
- 1 cup heavy cream, whipped
- Slice strawberries, reserving 8 for garnish.
- Sprinkle sliced strawberries with ¼ cup sugar and juice from lime.
- Set aside.
- Bring rice,salt,milk and remaining ½ cup sugar to boil in heavy saucepan with tight-fitting lid.
- Stir once or twice, reduce heat; cover, and simmer 25 to 30 minutes, stirring occasionally, until rice is tender and milk is almost absorbed.
- Add vanilla and rum.
- Cool to room temperature.
- Fold in whipped cream, reserving ½ cup for garnish.
- Spoon pudding into serving dishes.
- Top each with sliced strawberries, a dollop of whipped cream and a strawberry.