Makes 24 Mushrooms.
- 24 large fresh mushrooms
- 3 tablespoons minced onion
- 1 tablespoon butter or margarine
- 1 cup cooked rice
- ½ cup finely chopped pecans
- 1 tablespoon chili sauce
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- melted butter
- Remove stems, wash and dry mushrooms.
- Cook onion in butter in small skillet until tender, but not brown.
- Add rice, pecans, chili sauce, juice, salt and pepper.
- Press rice mixture in each mushroom cavity.
- Place mushroom caps on rack in broiler.
- Drizzle with melted butter and broil until golden brown.