Makes 4 servings
- 4 skinless and boneless chicken breast halves, (about 1 pound) pounded to ¼-inch thickness
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper, divided
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup cooked brown rice (cooked in chicken broth)
- ¼ cup finely diced fresh tomatoes
- ¼ cup (1 ounce) finely shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Season insides of pounded chicken breasts with salt and pepper.
- Combine rice, tomatoes, cheese, basil and remaining ¼ teaspoon pepper.
- Spoon rice mixture on insides of chicken breasts; secure sides with wooden picks.
- Wipe off outsides of chicken breasts with paper towel.
- Heat oil in large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Cook stuffed chicken breasts in hot oil 1 minute on each side or just until golden brown.
- Transfer chicken to shallow baking pan.
- Bake at 350°F for 8 to 10 minutes.
- Let stand 5 minutes before slicing.