Makes 6 servings
- 6 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves (about 2¼ pounds) pounded to ¼-inch thickness
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 3 cups cooked rice (cooked without salt or fat)
- 1 x 10-ounce package chopped frozen spinach, thawed and well drained
- ½ cup feta cheese
- ½ cup salt-free sun-dried tomatoes, softened and chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 6 to 10 wooden toothpicks
- vegetable cooking spray
- 2 cups prepared low-salt, low-fat, spaghetti sauce, warmed
- Sprinkle one side of breast halves with pepper.
- Combine rice, spinach, cheese, tomatoes, basil and salt in large bowl.
- Spoon ½ cup rice mixture on peppered side of each breast half; fold over and secure sides with toothpicks.
- Wipe off outside of chicken with paper towel.
- Coat large skillet with cooking spray; heat over medium-high heat until hot.
- Cook chicken 5 to 7 minutes, or until light brown, turning occasionally.
- Place remaining rice mixture on bottom of shallow glass baking dish; place chicken over rice.
- Cover with foil.
- Bake at 350°F for 20 to 25 minutes.
- Serve chicken with rice.
- Spoon ⅓ cup sauce over each serving.