Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Makes 6 servings.
- 1 cup uncooked rice*
- 1 cup water
- 3/4 cup apple juice
- 6 large baking Apples
- 3/4 cup Raisins
- 1/2 cup fresh or frozen cranberries, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped dried apricots
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground allspice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Combine rice, water and apple juice in 2- to 3-quart saucepan. Bring to a boil over high heat; stir once or twice.
- Reduce heat to low; cover and simmer 15 minutes or until rice is tender and liquid is absorbed. Set aside.
- Core Apples leaving 1-1/2-inch walls and bottoms intact; set aside. Peel top halves, if desired.
- Combine rice, Raisins, cranberries, apricots, pecans, syrup, brown sugar, lemon juice, allspice and vanilla in large bowl.
- Stuff Apples with rice mixture and place in shallow glass baking dish. Place remaining rice mixture around Apples.
- Cover with foil; bake at 350 degrees 50 to 60 minutes or until Apples are fork-tender