Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
cooking and prep time. 45 minutes.
- 1 cup long-grain white rice
- 2 to 4 outer leaves iceberg or romaine lettuce
- 1 lb ground pork or veal or meatloaf mix
- 1 tablespoon Chinese rice wine (preferably Shaoxing) or medium-dry sherry
- 1 bunch scallions (white and pale green parts only), minced (1/3 cup)
- ½ cup canned water chestnuts, diced (¼ inch) rinsed and drained
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon egg white, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- ½ teaspoon Asian sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon white pepper
- While waiting to prepare the meat soak the rice in hot water.
- Place steamer rack inside of a skillet and fill the bottom with water till it almost touchs the rack. line the rack with lettuce
- Mix all the ingredients excluding the rice together, drain the rice and place it in a small open faced bowl.
- Form the meat mixtures into small balls and roll them in the rice bowl to cover them in rice.
- Steam the balls in the skillet for approx 25 minutes.