Milk, Nonfat, Dry Instant by the US Department of Agriculture, public domain government resource—original source of recipe
- Serves: 9
- 2 eggs, slightly beaten (or ½ cup egg mix + ½ cup water)
- 1 tablespoon margarine or butter, melted
- 2 cups water
- 2 cups cooked rice
- 1 cup soft breadcrumbs (1½ slices bread)
- 1 cup instant non-fat dry milk powder
- 1 cup shredded American cheese
- 1 tablespoon dried minced onion
- Preheat oven to 325 °F.
- Mix all ingredients together In a large bowl.
- Spread in a greased, or sprayed, 8x8 inch pan or 2-quart casserole.
- Bake for 40–50 minutes until center is set and top turns golden brown.