Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- 1¾ cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 egg whites
- ½ cup shortening
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- ½ cup walnuts chopped
- Combine first six ingredients with a fork until crumbly.
- Press into a greased 9x13" baking pan. Combine filling ingredients.
- Mix well.
- Pour over crust.
- Bake at 350°F. for 50 – 60 minutes.
- In a mixing bowl, beat egg whites until stiff.
- Gradually add sugar and vanilla, beating well.
- Spread over hot filling.
- Return to the oven for 10 – 15 minutes, until lightly browned.