Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- 1½ cups sugar
- 3 tablespoons quick tapioca (¼ cup)
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon nutmeg
- 3 cups rhubarb, cut in ½-inch pieces
- 1 cup sliced fresh strawberries (or 1 can drained sour tart red pie cherries)
- Combine sugar, tapioca, salt and nutmeg and stir together real well.
- Add strawberries and rhubarb and stir just enough to coat rhubarb and strawberries.
- Let stand about twenty minutes.
- Make pastry for two crust nine-inch pie.
- Spoon into pie shell.
- Dot with 1 tablespoon butter.
- Top with lattice crust and bake at 400°F for 35 to 40 minutes.