- 1 1/2 cups brown sugar
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups rhubarb, cut in small pieces
- 2/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 1/2 cup walnuts, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 deg F. Combine brown sugar, oil and beaten egg.
- In a small bowl mix together milk, baking soda, salt and vanilla.
- Add milk mixture to Sugar mixture alternately with flour, beating well after each addition.
- Fold in rhubarb and nuts.
- Turn into 2 greased and floured 8x4x3 inch loaf pans.
- Mix topping ingredients and sprinkle on top of loaves.
- Bake about one hour or until toothpick inserted in center of bread comes out clean.