- 1.8 kilo rhubarb
- 280 ml. Red Grape concentrate 900 gram granulated white sugar
- 0.5 teaspoon tartaric accid
- 1 teaspoon yeast nutrient
- 1 teaspoon pectic enzyme
- 1 vitamin B tablet (3 gram)
- 1 sachet of table wine yeast
- Wash te rhubarb with a sulphite solution (1 campden tablet per 0.5 liter water) and chop them into 5-8 cm. lenghts. Place the pieces of rhubarb in polythene containers or bags and let them freeze for at least 48 hours.
- Activate the yeast in a small amount of warm water. Place the frozen rhubarb in a bucket and allow to thaw for 24 hours. Pour 2.25 liters of lukewrm water over the rhubarb. Turn the Sugar into syrup with 0.5 liter of boiling water and leave to cool.
- Then pour the syrup into the bucket. Add the grape concentrate and the additives and stir well. Cover and leave it in a warm place. After 12 hours crush the fruit by the hand and add the activated yeast. Cover and return it to a warm place for fermentation to start. Stir daily for 3 days.
- Strain the must through a sieve. Transfer the must to a demijohn and top up to the shoulder with cool, boiled water. Fit an airlock and leave in a warm place until fermentation has ceased.
- Move the demijohn to a cool place and wait until a sediment has formed. Rack the wine into a clean demijohn and add a chrushed Campden tablet. Refit the airlock and put it in a cool place again. If needed, rack again.
- The wine should be drinkable in 12 months.