Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- 450 g (1 lb) rhubarb
- 225 g (8 oz) fresh wholewheat breadcrumbs
- 50 g (2 oz) Barbados Sugar
- 2.5 ml (0.5 tsp) ground ginger
- 50 ml (2 fl oz) fresh orange juice
- 250 ml (0.5 pint) natural yogurt, to serve
- Trim the rhubarb and cut the stalks into short lengths.
- Put in a greased 900 ml (1.5 pint) ovenproof dish.
- Mix the breadcrumbs, Sugar and ground ginger together and sprinkle over the fruit.
- Spoon the orange juice over the crumbs.
- Bake in the oven at: 170C Preheated (Gas Oven Mark 3 Preheated) for 35– 45 minutes or until the fruit is soft and the topping browned.
- Rhubarb Brown Betty is equally good served hot or cold, with natural yogurt. Any leftover will also reheat well.