Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- 1 1/2 C brown sugar, packed
- 2/3 C oil.
- 1 egg
- 1 C buttermilk
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 1/2 C flour.
- 2 C diced rhubarb
- 1/2 C chopped nuts.
- 1 Tbl soft butter
- 1/4 C granulated sugar.
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Grease 2 8x4-inch loaf pans.
- Combine in a bowl the brown sugar and oil. Stir well until smooth.
- Add the egg, buttermilk, salt, baking soda, vanilla and flour. Blend until moist.
- Fold in the diced rhubarb and chopped nuts. Turn batter into prepared loaf pans.
- Combine the butter and Sugar until crumbly, then sprinkle over batter.
- Bake at 350 F 50 to 55 minutes, or until bread passes the toothpick test. Turn out onto racks and cool before slicing. Slice into about 20 slices per loaf.