Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Serves 6 – 8
- 7 cups fresh rhubarb, cut in 1-inch chunks
- 1 x 8 oz can crushed pineapple
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 3 tbsp cornstarch
- 2 tsp finely shredded lemon peel
- ⅔ cup flour
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 1 tbsp granulated sugar
- 1 tbsp chopped crystallized ginger
- ⅓ cup butter / margarine
- Drain pineapple and combine with rhubarb and brown sugar.
- Let stand 1 hour.
- Drain mixture, reserving juices and adding enough additional water to make ⅔ cup of juice.
- Combine juices and cornstarch in a small pan and cook over medium heat until thickened.
- Remove from heat and combine with rhubarb-pineapple mixture.
- Add lemon peel and place in a 2-quart baking dish.
- In another bowl, combine topping ingredients, using a pastry blender to cut in butter until mixture is crumbly.
- Spoon over top of fruit mixture.
- Bake in a 350°F oven about one hour or until light brown and bubbly.
- Best served with vanilla ice cream!