- Serves 4 persons!
- 350 g chickpeas
- 150 ml olive oil
- 2 medium onions, thinly chopped
- juice of 2 lemons
- 1 cup chopped parsley
- 5 whole peppercorns
- First check the chickpeas and remove any stones, then soak the chickpeas overnight.
- Next day, drain and rinse.
- Put the chickpeas in a saucepan, cover with water to about 2.5 cm above them, bring to the boil and skim with a slotted spoon until the water is clear.
- Then add the olive oil, onion, half of the parsley and the peppercorns and simmer for about 90 minutes or until the chickpeas are very soft.
- Add salt, the lemon juice, the rest of the parsley, stir and serve.
- If a pressure cooker is used then cooking time is about 20 minutes.