Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
This recipe came from an estate sale. I obtained it when I purchased the family collection from the Hunter Estate in Waxahachie, Texas in 1994.
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- ½ cup chopped apple wood smoked bacon
- 1 onion chopped
- 2 garlic cloves very finely chopped
- 8 large eggs
- 1 cup diced red bell peppers
- 2 cups sliced crookneck squash
- ½ cup shaved asiago cheese
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped thyme leaves
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Heat broiler.
- In medium ovenproof skillet add diced bacon and cook over medium heat high heat until crisp.
- Pour off all but 1 tablespoon bacon drippings.
- Add onion, garlic, bell peppers and squash then cook 5 minutes.
- Whisk together eggs, ⅓ cup of the cheese and thyme.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Add egg mixture to bacon vegetable mixture and cook stirring occasionally for 6 minutes.
- Stir in the roasted bell peppers and sprinkle remaining cheese on top.
- Broil about 4 inches from the heat until cheese is bubbling.
- Cut into wedges and serve with the salsa along the side.