Makes 4 servings
- 2 cups cooked rice
- 1 x 8-ounce can sauerkraut, rinsed and drained
- 1 x 12-ounce can corned beef, diced
- 1 cup grated Swiss cheese, divided
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons sweet pickle relish
- 1 teaspoon prepared mustard
- ground black pepper
- 1 medium tomato, peeled and sliced
- ½ cup rye bread crumbs (1 slice)
- Combine rice, sauerkraut, corned beef and ½ cup Swiss cheese.
- Blend mayonnaise, pickle relish, mustard and pepper.
- Stir into rice mixture.
- Turn into shallow 2-quart casserole.
- Arrange tomato slices on top.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Sprinkle with remaining ½ cup cheese.
- Top with bread crumbs.
- Bake at 350°F for 30 minutes or until hot and bubbly.