Types of RemouladeEdit
- Traditional French Remoulade (Mayonnaise based)
- Creole Remoulade (Oil-based)
- Creole Remoulade (Mayonnaise-based)
- Creole Remoulade (Ketchup-based)
Ingredients for Mayo-based Creole Remoulade Edit
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons whole grain mustard
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- ½ cup finely chopped scallions
- ¼ cup finely chopped fresh flat leaf parsley
- 1 stalk finely chopped celery
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 2 teaspoons hot sauce
- ¼ teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- Whisk together all ingredients.
- Cover and chill 1 hour.
Ingredients for Oil-based Creole Remoulade Edit
- 18 – 20 tablespoons Creole mustard
- 12 tablespoons (3 ribs) celery (minced)
- 5 tablespoons (or more if needed) scallions (minced)
- 2 tablespoons paprika
- 16 tablespoons (or more if needed) salad oil
- 8 tablespoons (or more if needed) white tarragon vinegar
- 2 tablespoons (or add more mustard) horseradish (prepared)
- 2 tablespoons (add as needed/desired) tomato paste
- 3 tablespoons parsley
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 clove garlic
- 5 dashes Worcestershire sauce
- 4 tablespoons yellow onion (minced) (i.e. 1 quarter onion)
- Process all non-oil ingredients in a food processor.
- Slowly drizzle in oil to emulsify.
- Makes 5 cups.
- You can then marinate shrimp in this sauce over night and sever over a bed of lettuce or in mixed greens.
- Also good on cold roast beef or as a condiment on a sandwich (such as a cold roast beef sandwich).