Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Makes 6 servings
- 2 pounds fresh asparagus, trimmed
- 4 cups cooked rice, cooled
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 to 2 dashes ground red pepper
- ½ cup sour cream
- ½ cup milk
- 1½ cups shredded sharp Cheddar cheese, divided
- Cook asparagus only until tender crisp; drain.
- Combine rice, salt, pepper, sour cream, milk and ¾ cup cheese.
- Spoon half of mixture into buttered shallow 2½-quart baking dish.
- Reserve 4 asparagus spears for garnish; arrange remaining asparagus on mixture.
- Spread remaining rice mixture over asparagus.
- Sprinkle with remaining ¾ cup cheese.
- Bake at 350 °F for 20 minutes.
- Garnish with reserved asparagus and continue baking 10 minutes or until hot and bubbly.