Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Purchased from the Woods Estate in Canton, Texas in 1988. Dated 1944.
- 1 tablespoon dry yeast
- 1 cup warm water for the yeast only
- 2/3 cups Sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cups shortening or lard
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup instant Potato flakes mixed with 1 cup warm water (not yeast water)
- 7-1/2 cups all purpose flour
- Dissolve the yeast in warm water.
- Stir in the Sugar, salt, shortening, eggs, potatoes, and 4 cups of the flour.
- Beat until smooth.
- Mix enough of the remaining flour to make the dough easy to handle.
- Turn the dough onto a lightly floured board; knead until smooth and elastic, about 5 minutes.
- Place dough in a greased gallon zip lock, making sure all the air is out.
- Refrigerate at least 8 hours or until ready to use. (Dough can be kept in refrigerator at 45 degrees or below. As it rises slightly, it may be necessary for you to re-zip the bag.)