Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Contributed by Healthy Recipes for Diabetic Friends Y-Group
- Original recipe
- Yields 6 servings, each one equal to ½ cup
- 2 cups dry pinto beans
- 6 cups water
- ⅓ cup chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 cup liquid from the cooked beans
- Clean the beans. Leave them to soak overnight. Drain.
- In a medium pan, put soaked beans, water, onion, garlic powder and olive oil.
- Cook over medium heat for 2½ hours or until beans are tender.
- Mash 3 cups of cooked beans in large heavy skillet.
- Add 1 cup bean cooking liquid.
- Cook over medium heat until thick and the desired consistency.
Nutritional information Edit
Per ½ cup serving:
- Calories 120 | Calories from Fat 10 | Total Fat 1 g | Cholesterol 0 mg | Sodium 200 mg | Carbohydrate 22 g | Dietary Fiber 7 g | Protein 7 g
- Exchange 1 starch | 1 fat
- Carbohydrate Units 1 – 1.5